Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 

Appetizers: Tsuni's Potato Latkes

2 large eggs
¼ c. grated onion
¾ t. salt
¼ t. white pepper
2 T. bread crumbs or matzo meal
1 t. lemon juice
¼ t. dried thyme
1 ½ large red bliss potatoes, peeled and grated
½ c. of oil, butter or (gasp) schmaltz

Beat the eggs.

Add the onions, salt, pepper, crumbs lemon juice and thyme. Grate the potatoes on a medium fine grater. Squeeze into a towel to remove as much water as possible. Add to the egg mixture. Heat half the oil in fraying pan and drop the potato mixture into it by the tablespoonful, adding oil as require. Fry over medium heat until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in oven until all are fried.

Serve with sour cream and applesauce. For a particularly elegant dish, top each latke with some sour cream and a dollop of good caviar. Heaven.

Labels:


Comments:
Caviar? Don'tchoo mean BAIT?!!?!
 
I looovvee this blog! So many recipes, so little time! Great idea! I may have to post a couple myself. I have a great recipe for caramel that can be used for caramel apples, caramel covered chocolates, caramel corn. The list goes on. Even warm over ice cream. If I didn't have a bunch of things going today, I'd be in my kitchen cooking some up now! And I just made a chicken marsala last night that the hubby said was really good - even though it had egg noodles with it and he doesn't like noodles with his meat!

I will definitely be back here and to your other sites! :-)
 
Jlow, Don't make me come over there and smack you!

J&B's Mom: Welcome! Duck when I go for Jlow, though!
 
How cool is this?!! We now have THREE contributors.

We better start looking into agents.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?