Friday, January 19, 2007

 

Diabetic Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. Stevia sweetener
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
Mix together and set aside.

2 sticks butter
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. organic evaporated cane juice
1/4 c. applesauce, unsweetened
3 C. oatmeal
1 C. raisins

Cream together butter and brown sugar, add eggs and vanilla, cane juice and applesauce. Add flour mixture in thirds, stirring to combine. Then stir in oatmeal and raisins.

Use large scoop (#40) to make uniform 3-inch cookies. Turn onto baking sheet (preferably baking stone) and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Labels:


Comments:
What a wonderful recipe! My very loved Dad-in-law is diabetic and he loves it when I make stuff for him. I keep special ingredients on hand just for him.

I will make up a big batch of these for his upcoming birthday on Feb 6.
 
Let me know how he likes them. I came up with this recipe for my husband's uncle and they do not make his blood sugar go up. And they are actually tastier a couple of days after you bake them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?